Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Who is it?

Well once again I have to apologize for not having any updates in the last week or so. I've been busy with life, the universe, and everything, but I have been continuing my training nonetheless.

Two weekend ago we did a 10 mile run, which I found really fun. I took the first 6 miles very easy and then kicked it in the last 4 and finished very strong. The following weekend I did a short 6 mile run with a mentor at a place called Alum Rock Park. I've never been there before but it was a very nice place to run. Alum Rock Park is a lot nicer than Campbell Park because there's stuff to look at and you have the sound of running water in the background at Alum as opposed to running cars in the background at Campbell. Yesterday to make up for my relatively short run I ran 8 miles. I felt like I was really struggling on the way back but managed to find some energy and finish the last mile or so very strong.

We've been continuing our weekly Thursday workouts mostly by doing interval training. For example last week we did intervals where we ran at about 80% max for five minutes then lightly jogged for a minute then ran again for five. We did this five times. I was a bit sore that night but still managed to maintain a pretty good pace throughout. It's always nice having a pacer in front of you. The week before we did intervals in which we ran for a mile at an aerobic pace and then ran 800m at around 80%. This is all to increase our aerobic capacity.

I've been doing my usual weight training and cross training in between workouts and runs. I've lost a few pounds and seem to be getting leaner, which is nice.

I'll be playing bball today and then tomorrow another track workout. Saturday is a big 12 mile run at Campbell Park. I'm looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home