Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A new season

A few things. I ran the San Francisco half-marathon last Sunday here are my results:

San Francisco Marathon
1st Half Marathon


Name Age/Sex Bib # Race Time Place
Jay Jacinto 25-M 24682 1st Half Marathon 1:44:36 248


More detailed results here:

Results

Just type in my Bib #. My first half ever. It was an awesome race with perfectly cool weather. We got to run over the Golden Gate Bridge but it was foggy, so no cool views except that of a spooky bridge. I also got a cool shirt and hat. I like running.


If I haven't mentioned it before, I am now a Web Captain for the Silicon Valley Team In Training Team. I along with 2 other people will be udpating our website. I'm having a lot fun working on the website. We had our kickoff meeting last Saturday and were able to sign up 24 more people! It's great seeing all the new people, and the excitement they bring with them. We now have 98 people on the team, but ur goal is to recruit 110 people, which we should be able to do.

Our first regional run is this Saturday. A short 2-6 mile run, so everyone can run or walk. It's only the beginning of the season so there shouldn't be any pressure to run your heart out. I can't wait to see all the new participants. I remember how nervous I was that first run.

Well I'm off for now. I think maybe I'll go out and play bball today. It's nice out, so why not enjoy the weather?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home